Certificate III in Barbering (SHB30516) for
BIBA Academy’s Certificate III in Barbering (SHB30516) is Government accredited and Austudy approved, making the course accessible to more students. Government funding is also available to approved applicants under Skills First.
Successful completion of BIBA Academy’s Certificate III in Barbering will give you the hands-on experience required to work in any top barbershop or salon as a men’s stylist.
Certificate III in Barbering covers:
- Sectioning patterns
- Shampoo and basin services
- Traditional and classic men’s cutting techniques
- Modern men’s cutting techniques
- Clipper work
- Finishing techniques
- Detailing techniques
- Beard and moustache trims
- Finishing and styling techniques
- Shaving with a straight razor
Students have the option of attending three, four or five days a week while undertaking what is considered a full-time load. This provides a flexible learning environment that permits the option of combined work and study. Courses can be tailored to suit specific requirements and needs.
At BIBA Academy, students will be taken through their training individually and the course structure will be directed by their individual ongoing performance. A training outline will be established for each student, which will detail completion dates for each study period and assist educators in monitoring course progress.
At BIBA Academy, we focus real hands-on experience which provides invaluable practical experience for our students. We support this learning through a series of digital training resources plus live demonstrations and presentations from our educators.
What You Will Learn
- Styling and finishing
- Men’s cutting
- Shaving and detailing
- Grooming techniques
- Employability skills
- Scheduling and time management
- Techniques to develop a client base
What You Get
- Hands-on training delivered in a simulated barbershop environment.
- Internationally trained educators who are masters of their craft.
- Government funding is available to approved applicants under Skills First.
- The Certificate III in Barbering involves 790 nominal hours delivered at either three, four days or five days per week. At three days per week, the course is estimated to take 12 months. At four days per week, the course is estimated to take nine months. At five days per week, the course is estimated to take seven months. Please note that all new full-time students in 2024 will be required to attend three days per week on Monday, Thursday and Friday unless otherwise arranged.
- Classes run from 9:45am to 5pm each day.
- Training is carried out between our two campuses in Fitzroy and the Melbourne CBD.
- We take monthly enrolments for this course from February onwards and the places for 2024 are currently filling fast. To express your interest in enrolling, please contact our head office in Fitzroy on (03) 9415 8488 and speak to a member of our Student Services Team.
If you would like more information on this course, please download the full course guide PDF here.
Government funding may be available for this course, depending on your circumstances. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Victoria State Government Skills Gateway.